As the beginning phase in our UK/EEA migration to Azure, customers currently sending SFTP files to Rackspace need to transition to the new SFTP server located at Azure France. By storing your SFTP files at Azure, iOFFICE is providing you with increased protection and security, including data-at-rest encryption for all files stored on the Azure SFTP server.
What do we need to do to prepare?
Alert the appropriate IT resources responsible for this managing this change and complete the following steps prior to scheduling the migration.
- Whitelist 184.108.40.206 to allow your company to send and retrieve files on the new SFTP server at Azure (using port 22).
- Schedule a date with your Account Manager to update the new Azure SFTP server address to sftp-eu.iofficeconnect.com. This process will involve an Integration Manager who will complete the setup required on our end and confirm the process is working as intended.
- As part of this update, we are creating new account credentials for customers to ensure access limits to the new environment are enforced. These credentials will be made available through your Account Manager.
- For security reasons, files cannot be created in the `root` of a folder anymore. Files must be created in a subdirectory. For this reason, we are enforcing an `IN` folder of traffic to iOFFICE and an `OUT` folder for from iOFFICE. This is an impactful but simple change that should be completed as follows.
1. On the scheduled migration date, iOFFICE will update our directory before noon. iOFFICE will reply to the ticket with the path information and folders that moved.
2. You will have from noon until the end of the business day to make the necessary changes to update your side (this may include updates to job launchers and watchers depending on the client setup).
Frequently Asked Questions
- How will data be transferred securely between the SFTP at Azure France and our customer database at Rackspace UK?
A: Data is transferred between data centers using a TLS 1.2 encrypted SSL connection.
- Will our data be migrated to the new SFTP? Is there any data archival process we need to be aware of prior to the migration?
A: All SFTP data will be replicated to the new environment so there will be no data loss or downtime when transitioning.
- Will our credentials used to authenticate change?
A: Yes. Your new credentials will be made available to you through your Account Manager. This process allows you to select the method you want to use to receive your new password as well as limit access to only the employees who require it.
- How can we schedule this migration? We need to make sure we know exactly when the migration will happen to avoid any downtime with our feeds.
A: Because all data is replicated the change can be made at any time without any downtime or data loss; however, your Account Manager can work with you to help schedule a time for testing and verification if desired.
iOFFICE can begin scheduling migrations now, and we encourage you to complete this process as soon as possible. All migrations must be finalized by September 1st, 2019. If you have any questions or would like additional information, contact your Account Manager.