As the next phase in our migrations to Azure, customers sending SFTP files to the server in the United States need to transition to the new SFTP server located at Azure South Central US. By storing your SFTP files at Azure, iOFFICE can provide you with the same level of protection and security we introduced with the recent Azure migration, including data-at-rest encryption for all files stored on the Azure SFTP server.
What do we need to do to prepare?
Alert the appropriate IT resources responsible for this managing this change and complete the following steps prior to scheduling the migration.
- Whitelist 220.127.116.11 to allow your company to send and retrieve files on the new SFTP server at Azure (using port 22), and continue sending your user file to the existing SFTP at Rackspace for now.
- You can make the change at any time by using sftp3.iofficeconnect.com as your server address. After it is completed please let your Account Manager know (or call 713-526-1029) so we can note that you have made the change. If you'd like to work more closely with our teams schedule a date and time with your Account Manager to assist in the switch to the new address on the Azure SFTP server (sftp3.iofficeconnect.com). This process will involve an Integration Manager who will complete the setup required on our end and confirm the process is working as intended.
iOFFICE can begin scheduling migrations now, and we encourage you to complete this process as soon as possible. All migrations must be finalized by March 1st, 2019. If you have any questions or would like additional information, contact your Account Manager.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are there any other IP's we should be whitelisting outside of the 18.104.22.168 listed in the notice?
A: This is the only IP needed for the SFTP migration. However if you have not already prepared for the Azure server migration please see this guide for additional IP addresses.
- How will the DNS be handled? We are currently using sftp2.iofficeconnect.com or sftp.iofficeconnect.com
A: sftp3.iofficeconnect.com will be used for the Azure SFTP server. After migration is complete sftp2 and sftp will be migrated to point to the new IP address. However we recommend all existing customers use sftp3 before the migration to ensure a smooth transition.
- Will our data be migrated to the new SFTP? Is there any data archival process we need to be aware of prior to the migration?
A: All data is currently being replicated to both environments so there will be no data loss or down time when transitioning.
- Will our credentials used to authenticate change?
A: All credentials (username, passwords and keys) are synced to the new environment so no changes will be required by the customer.
- How can we schedule this migration with iOffice? We need to make sure we know exactly when the migration will happen to avoid any downtime with our feeds.
A: Because all data is replicated the change can be made at any time without any downtime or data loss. However your account manager can work with you to help schedule a time for testing and verification if desired.