To access the Mail module from the Home screen, click the Mail option (1) located on the left-hand side of the screen. The Mail menu displays, where you can select from a variety of options. You can also click the Mail tile (2) to access the Mail Desktop screen directly.
The following options are available in the Mail menu:
- Mail Desktop: This screen displays a list of functions available in the Mail module. The Mail Manager section displayed on the right-hand side of this screen lists user packages received in the mail center, both undelivered and delivered.
- Check In: This screen is used to check-in mail items when the items arrive at the mail center. Items must be checked-in before the items can be delivered.
- Receiving Queue: This screen displays all Inbound and Interoffice packages that have been checked-in to the Mail module but have not yet been delivered.
- Receiving Manifest: This screen displays the number of checked-in packages for each delivery route. This view is typically used when mobile devices are not employed for signature capture.
- Check Out: This screen is used to create check out packages that are ready to be sent off site. Packages checked out on this screen are added to shipping manifests based on route.
- Shipping Queue: This screen lists all Outbound packages that have been checked-in for tracking. Package information, including the date and time when the package was checked-in, the tracking number for the package, and the date and time the package is checked out, displays on this screen.
- Shipping Manifest: This screen is used to view, print, reassign, and close shipping manifests used to obtain signatures from couriers taking packages off site.
- Misc. Volumes: This screen is used to track bulk item that need to be included in monthly activity reports. These customized categories may include mail volumes, postage costs, and PC shipments.
- Mail Delivery Pickup: This screen is used to capture signatures when customers pick up mail items at the mail center.
- Package Alerts: This screen is used to add and maintain package alerts, which are used to alert operators to urgent packages.
- Search: This screen is used to locate Inbound, Interoffice or Outbound mail items saved to history.
- Reports: This screen contains information on the Reports available in the Mail module.