Administrators can define center- or space-specific rules for reservations using the Reservation Rules screen in the Admin module. This screen can be accessed by selecting Admin →Reservations → Reservation Rules from the sidebar menu.
Use the following procedure to define a new reservation rule.
- Access the Reservation Rules screen by selecting Admin →Reservations → Reservation Rules from the Sidebar menu. The Reservation Rules screen displays.
- (Optional) If you have multiple centers, enter the Center where the rule should apply in the Center field in the upper-right corner of the screen. Any existing rules associated with the selected center display on screen.
- Click the Add Rule button to add a new rule. A new line displays at the top of the rules table to allow you to define the new rule.
- Use the Space/Center toggle switch to determine whether the rule should apply to a specific space or the entire center. "Center" is the default setting. If "Space" is selected, a field displays to allow you to locate and enter the name of the space. If you are adding a rule for a specific space, proceed to step 5. Otherwise, proceed to step 6.
- Enter the space where the rule should apply in the Space Search field. As you type, spaces matching the entered criteria display in a list. Alternatively, you can click the Browse button to locate and select a space.
- Enter the type of rule to apply to the center or space. The following rule types are available.
Only During Work Hours. The center or space will only be reservable during the hours defined for the center.
Max Duration. The center or space can only be reserved for a duration up to the defined maximum. For example, if the maximum duration is defined as two hours, reservations for the center or space must be two hours or less in duration.
Max Lead Time. The center or space can only be reserved in advance up to the defined maximum. For example, if the maximum lead time is defined as two days, reservations for the center or space can only be defined up to two days prior to the start of the reservation.
- When applicable, enter the duration or lead time in the Value field. Time periods can be defined in minutes, hours, or days for each rule.
Note: A value does not need to be defined for Only During Work Hours rules.
- Once you finish defining the rule, click the Save button. The rule is saved and applied to the center or space.