The Stacking Diagram screen in the Space module is used to analyze your space in a "stacked" format, which allows you to view floor-by-floor space utilization for the building. Using this screen, you can view the distribution of rooms and room types across floors, the amount of vacant space on each floor, the number of users on each floor, and so on. The Stacking Diagram interface is highly interactive, allowing you to view and updated report each time a field or option is changed.
Accessing the Stacking Diagram
To access the Stacking Diagram screen, select Space → Stacking Diagram from the sidebar. The Stacking Diagram screen displays.
Refer to the following procedure for information on entering criteria on the Stacking Diagram screen.
- In the Building field, enter the building for which you want to view information. Building information displays by floor on the Stacking Diagram. The default view is to display floor information for users grouped by room type.
- In the Show field, select the type of information you want to view. You can select Users, Rooms, or Area in this field. For example, select Rooms to view information about the rooms defined on each floor.
- In the Grouped By field, select the criteria used to group the information displayed on screen. For example, select Room Type to view information by room. You can also view information by the category depth assigned to users or rooms on each floor, such as the assigned department or cost center.
Once you have selected these three criteria, advanced options can be defined for the Stacking Diagram. To view the advanced options available with a view, click the Show Options button to the right of the Grouped By field. Options applicable to the selected criteria display on screen, allowing you to easily toggle between views.
The following advanced options are available on the Stacking Diagram screen.
- Calculate. This option allows you to display information on the Stacking Diagram as a count or as a percentage of total space on the floor, which can help you gauge overall usage floor-by-floor.
- Non-occupiable Spaces. This option allows you to display or hide non-occubiable spaces on the Stacking Diagram.
- Vacant Spaces. This option allows you to display or hide information for vacant spaces on the Stacking Diagram. This option allows you to view vacancy information for your defined space, providing you with tangible insights into how your available space is currently used.
To view even more detail for a space, hover the cursor over the space. Expanded information displays in a Detail box, providing you with instant access to essential space information.
The actions available on the Stacking Diagram are accessed using the Actions button in the upper-right corner of the screen. The following actions can be performed on the Stacking Diagram screen.
- Print. This option is used to print the displayed Stacking Diagram. To print the Stacking Diagram, click the Actions button and select the Print option. The Print window displays, where you can define printer criteria and print the Stacking Diagram.
- Enter/Exit Fullscreen. This option is used to expand within the browser window rather than over the entire screen. To enter full-screen mode, click the Actions button and select the Enter Fullscreen option. Alternatively, select the Exit Fullscreen option to return to the traditional view.
- Show/Hide Legend. This option is used to display or hide the report legend. Using this option, you to view room descriptions or hide this information to increase focus on the graphical interface.
When the Stacking Diagram is first accessed, the legend is hidden by default. To display the legend, simply click the Actions button and then select the Show Legend option. Conversely, to hide the legend, select the Hide Legend option in the Actions submenu.
Drag and Drop Preview
You can also drag-and-drop users to different floors, allowing you to visualize potential moves based on building distribution. Currently, none of the changes you make are saved, so feel free to play around with this feature worry-free.
To drag users from one floor to another, click and hold the group you want to move and drag the group to the intended location. For example, if you are considering consolidating your workstations onto a single floor, you can drag all the applicable room types as needed.