How Do I Create a New Work Order?
- Last updated
Save as PDF
How do I create a new Work Order?
Creating a new Work Order is quick and easy. To open the Work Order form, select and the form will slide out.
All mandatory fields will have a red indicator, these fields must be completed in order to create a new Work Order.
- Formerly known as the Facility that the Work Order is associated to
- Purpose of Work Order
- Formerly known as description - details of what work needs to be done
- The Equipment, Location, or Vehicle associated to the Work Order
- Work Type
- Define whether the Work is Demand (AKA Corrective) or Preventive (One time PM). Additional Work Types can be created
- Define the urgency of the Work needing to be done
- Assign To
- Formerly known as the Resource field in Hippo, select which contact to assign the Work Order to
- Due Date
- The date the work needs to be completed by
- Which department will be paying for expenses associated to the Work Order (Budget auto populates upon selecting an Asset)
- Add Tasks
- Tasks are selected from a pre populated list of service tasks which can be configured in Settings
Creating a Demand Work Order
- Fill in the appropriate fields in Work Order form as noted above
The Work Order will now appear in your list of open Work Orders.
- Selecting after completing the Work Order form will bring you to the Work Order upon creating, without needing to search for the Work Order as required previously in Hippo.
- Any Work Order created from this screen will be a one time work order, regardless of Work Type