As we announced in April of this year, iOFFICE is migrating sites hosted in the UK from the current Rackspace data center to Microsoft Azure, a globally recognized leader in hosting enterprise-ready cloud solutions. Azure data centers meet and exceed the level of security currently available to our customers, but also provide some additional performance, reliability, and security features that are not currently available, such as data-at-rest encryption and geo-redundant backups. This migration will increase the security of your data while improving on the performance and availability you have come to expect from your iOFFICE site.
See below for a checklist of items that must be completed prior to your site migration.
- Gain IT and Security Approval. Alert IT and Security departments at your site to this change so they can review and approve as needed. A full security review should not be required since Azure improves upon our existing controls, but we are happy to answer security questions as needed.
Note: If you have an existing SFTP process in place, you should already have the appropriate approval for the new data center locations.
- Update GDPR DPA and Contract. Review the existing Data Processing Addendum and add Azure as an approved data center location. Add the following locations for the primary and backup:
- Primary - Azure France Central - Paris, France
- Backup - Azure France South - Marseille, France
This is especially important if the contract contains any language specifying Rackspace as the only approved data center. The current list of iOFFICE Sub-Processors is available here.
- Whitelist New IPs. Whitelist the necessary IP addresses for the new location. The new IP addresses that need to be whitelisted are as follows.
- 220.127.116.11 (Inbound)
- 18.104.22.168 (Outbound)
- 22.214.171.124 (Notifications)
- 126.96.36.199 (SFTP Server)
- Migration Schedule. A two-hour maintenance window will be scheduled to move customers hosting in the UK to France, with advance notice provided to alert you of your scheduled maintenance window. We have successfully completed this process in 30 minutes or less for the vast majority of customers.
- Verify Performance. At the conclusion of your maintenance window, you should be able to use the site as normal. If any issues are encountered, iOFFICE has the ability to roll back to Rackspace for a point-in-time recovery (the moment the migration began). This option will remain available for one week, after which the database will be fully deleted at Rackspace.
When will this transition occur?
iOFFICE is actively building the new infrastructure at Azure France, and will begin scheduling migrations in November.
What happens to integrations, such as local file repository (LFR), APIs, or SAML SSO?
The migration should have no impact on existing integrations as these do not rely on the specific hosting location. As part of the site validation process, we will work to confirm your integrations function seamlessly post-migration. At this time, all applicable SFTP processes have already been moved to Azure France. We expect to be able to move everything to Azure during a single maintenance window for each client.
Can we move our test site prior to our production site?
Yes. Sites will be moved in batches, and we will provide advance notice to the sites prior to the move. We hope to complete the entire process in as little as two to four days; however, test sites can be moved first and we welcome early adopters. Customers moving a test site will have one week to test prior to the main site move.
What are the support hours available during this migration?
iOFFICE will provide our normal support hours, and the migrations will be scheduled during non-peak hours. We will be aware of any issue encountered during the migration and can roll back to Rackspace if needed. We have performed 1600 similar moves over the past year, so we do not anticipate any issues with this migration.
If you have any questions or would like additional information on the planned Azure migration, contact your Account Manager.