Hummingbird Space Panels can be used to display sleek and intuitive booking interfaces for each reservable space in your facility. The Space Panel allows employees to view space availability, create new reservations, and even add service requests for the space assigned to the panel. In addition, Space Panels integrate with the iOFFICE Reservations and Service Request modules to increase efficiency in your iOFFICE-driven facility.
Note: Space Panels are licensed on a per-device basis. Contact your Account Manager for more information. This feature is currently compatible with iPad (requires iOS 11.0 or newer) and Samsung Galaxy Tab A devices (requires Android 8.0 or newer, with optimal performance on Android 8.0 or newer). For more information on downloading the iOFFICE Hummingbird App for Space Panels on an Apple device, click here. For information on downloading this app on an Android device, click here.
Refer to the following list for more information on how Space Panels can be used in your facility.
- Book a space. Once Space Panels are set up and mounted outside of your reservable spaces, you can create new reservations in two steps. First, tap the time you want to book the space and then drag to define the duration of the reservation. You can then tap the Confirm Time & Reserve button to reserve the space. That's it! A confirmation displays on the screen, the space is reserved, and the reservation is reflected in the iOFFICE Reservations module as well as any integrated workplace calendars you may be using such as Outlook or Google Calendar.
Note: Similar to the Hummingbird app, if you create a reservation for a later time you must check-in to the reservation to prevent automatic cancelation, which is designed to reduce the potential an unused space remains booked. Check-in can be performed beginning as early as 10 minutes prior to the reservation directly from the Space Panel by clicking the Check In button.
- Extend a meeting with a single tap. During your meeting, the Space Panel will display in Reserved status, with the time remaining listed in the lower-right section. If you need to extend a meeting for additional time, simply tap an available time period in the Extend By field. For example, if you need to extend by 15 minutes, tap +15. The reservation is extended by 15 minutes and the updated time and schedule are reflected on the panel.
This feature provides employees with the flexibility they need to adjust to changing booking requirements without the risk of double booking or needing to reschedule.
- End a reservation early. The Hummingbird Space Panel can also be used to check out of space early when a meeting finishes ahead of schedule. To end a reservation early, tap the End Early button as you leave the space. The remaining time is made available to other employees looking to use the space.
Note: This feature is designed specifically for non-occupiable spaces (i.e. conference rooms and similar) and does not apply to workstations.
- View assets and open service requests. The Space Panel also provides employees with information about the space they are looking to reserve. To view additional information about the space, tap the More button beneath the name of the space. Assets and service requests associated with the space display on screen, allowing you to determine whether the space has the appropriate resources available for your meeting.
- Create new service requests. You can also alert the facilities team to broken equipment or services required by submitting a service request directly from the Space Panel. These requests are automatically tied to the correct location and do not require the employee to locate the space by searching in the Hummingbird app.
Hummingbird Space Panels provide your employees with an intuitive, interactive solution for reservation management. Through integration with existing iOFFICE and calendar tools, Space Panels provide another critical layer to your employee engagement strategy. To add Space Panels to your facility, contact your Account Manager or an iOFFICE Sales representative.