Adding a Part in the Part Lookup
Installing a component to your asset can be easily done by following these few simple steps:
This article applies to + Basic, + Professional, and + Enterprise.
1. Click on the Modules tab, then click on the Asset icon on the main ribbon of ManagerPlus.
2. Create a new asset or open an already existing asset from your desktop computer.
If creating a new asset, all required fields must be filled in and then saved before you can proceed to Step 3. If you need help on how to create a new asset, see article Creating an Asset Manually.
3. Click on the Components tab.
4. To install a component, click on the Install Component icon.
5. Click on the New icon.
6. Enter the appropriate information into the fields provided. Below are the definitions and explanations of each of the fields in the part lookup section of an asset.
7. When the appropriate information has been entered, click on the Save icon.
Description of Fields: * Indicates field is required.
- *Part #: This needs to be a unique number. You cannot have two parts with the same part number. You can develop your own part numbering system, or you may use the manufacturer's part number.
- Description: (Optional) Here you will give a detailed description. If you develop consistent naming conventions, you will be able to perform useful searches on this field.
- *Type: Part types are used to group parts that are related. For example, you might group several kinds of belts under a "Belts" type.
- Serialized: Serialized parts, or components, are larger parts or accessories that may be installed or removed during the service life of an asset. These are tracked by ManagerPlus for warranty purposes and can use serial numbers or other codes.
- *Status: Status can be active or inactive and can describe a type of part. For example, a company that operates and maintains a lot of trucks could have windshield wiper blades that are NEW, brake pads that are REBUILT, and tires that are RETREADS.
- *Base Unit of Measure: This is the primary unit of measure used to keep track of the part. For example, a part like an oil filter would be tracked by UNITS, while gasoline would be tracked by GALLONS.
- Barcode: (Optional) Specify a custom barcode using your company naming convention. System generated and custom barcodes can both be used.
- Tracked: If selected, ManagerPlus keeps track of stocking levels for suggested purchase orders.
- Include Vendor: Select to include a vendor for the part. Click the vendor drop-down list to select the vendor and specify a vendor part number if needed.