Employees: Creating a record
Creating an Employee Record is a simple process. In just a few simple steps, you can have an Employee Record up and running. The following steps will help you create an Employee Record.
This article applies to + Professional and + Enterprise.
1. Click on the Modules tab, then click on the Employees icon in the ribbon on main page.
2. On the left panel, click on the green New icon.
3. After clicking on New, fill in the appropriate fields.
4. When finished with Step 3, click on the Save icon.
Description of Terms: *Required Field
- *Employee ID: This is a unique identification code for the employee. It can contain letters, numbers, or a combination of both, and can be up to 24 characters long. Your employee number should use a standardized format, such as first initial plus last name. For example, Kevin James would be KJAMES.
- *Name: This is the full name of the employee. It can contain letters, numbers, or a combination of both, and it can be up to 50 characters long.
- *File As: This is the name shown the way you want it to be filed. For example, you can file the employee’s name last name first or first name last. You can also specify a different name than shown in the Name Field. For example, the Name Field might show Bob Jones, but the File As field might show Jones, Robert.
- *Status: This is the status of the employee. The status can be anything you specify when you set up the employee module.
- Department: This is the department the employee belongs too.
- Teams: This is the teams that an employee may be a part of.
- Email: This is the employees email address.
- Barcode/Tag: (Optional) Specify a custom barcode using your company naming convention. System generated and custom barcodes can both be used.
- Used for Work: Specifies that the employee can be used in work orders and inspections. If you select Used for Work, the Labor Rate field appears. This is the employee’s hourly rate of pay. The program uses the rate to compute labor costs on work orders.
- M+ Work Requests: This specifies whether the employee can log into Manager+ Work Requests.
- Labor Rate: Employee’s hourly rate of pay. ManagerPlus uses the rate to compute labor costs on work orders.