Changes to API Connectors - Now API v2
An API (Application Programming Interface) connector is a tool that allows ManagerPlus to share data with other business applications you may use, making it easier to get more done in one place. This will allow you to gather data in a central location. The data can be used to create reports, dashboards, and graphs in our ManagerPlus Business Intelligence tool, giving you unprecedented insight into your business operations.
In order for connectors to work, they need to sync with ManagerPlus. That can be done by gathering the connectors database name, email address, password, and ensuring that you get a dedicated service account that is API enabled. Once these items have been gathered, you will need to reach out to our technical support team who will help set up the connector for you.
API changes now in effect with the release of API Version 2
For developers using the API, see the API V2 Documentation. The now-deprecated API V1 will be discontinued October 1, 2021.
The following is a list of changes that will impact your ability to connect to ManagerPlus:
• API keys will no longer be accepted in the query string (like `?api_key=...`). API keys must now be provided in the Authorization header (like `Authorization: ...`). This change prevents API keys from being saved in server logs—both our server logs and other Internet operators' logs.
• Note that customers' existing API keys will continue to work.
• The API URL is changing from `/api` to `/api2`.
Additional changes that don't cause breakage for customers or their API integrations:
• Code and infrastructure have been updated under the hood. We're hoping to see performance improvements.
• The documentation UI is different. It should provide the same information.
• New endpoints have been added, including information about entities (sites), with more on the way.
• The capitalization of some parameters has changed in the documentation, but all of those should be case insensitive. Old cases should still work. If they don't, it's a bug, though it's probably one of low priority.
• Some API methods (mostly PATCH requests) now have different, improved error messages.
• API keys can now be managed directly in Lightning. They are still available to manage in Classic.
Connectors now available:
- ClearPath GPS
- GPS Insight
- John Deere
- Synovia Solutions