Lightning Purchase Order Returns
When parts need to be returned to the vendor, you can create a Return Purchase Order to track the return and decrease your inventory levels.
The following are the steps to create a new PO Return:
1. Click on the Purchase Orders module icon on the left side of the page.
2. Click on the arrow to the right of the New Purchase Order icon, and select New Return.
3. Fill in the required fields.
- Warehouse: Which warehoujse wants to return the parts.
- Vendor: Who you are returning the parts to.
- Budget: Which budget will be credited for the returned parts
4. Click on the Create & Open or Create Purchase to save your PO, and proceed to add the items needing to be purchased.
5. Click New Line Item to search for & add parts to be returned. Confirm quantity and price.
6. Click the Save button.
To receive the parts & update your inventory levels:
7. Click the Return Line Items button.
8. Click the Return All button. Review the date & received amounts are correct - document any exceptions, then click OK.
9. Returns must be accompanied with an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number. Enter this information in the RMA# field.
You can also opt to have the program issue a credit memo to keep track of the amount of credit remaining with the vendor, for the next time you create a purchase order with the same vendor
Fields * indicates a required field.
*Warehouse: The warehouse that the purchase order is delivered to. To override the default setting, click the Warehouse field list, then select the desired warehouse.
PO #: A unique purchase order number. The PO # is either automatically generated or you create it yourself, depending on how the purchase order module is configured in the module settings. You cannot use a purchase order number that has already been assigned.
*Vendor: Vendor assigned to the purchase order. If the vendor you want is not listed, you must first create a vendor record before you can generate a purchase order.
*Budget: Budget that the purchase order is assigned to.
*Status: The current status of the purchase order is displayed in the top left corner of the page. To change, select the appropriate status in the bottom right corner of the page.
*Sales Tax: The sales tax used for this purchase. The initial sales tax setting is the default value from the selected vendor. To override the default setting, select NO TAX or a custom value created in the Vendor Module Settings.
*Date: Date of the purchase order. To override the default date, type a different date in the field or click the calendar icon in the Date box.
Ship To: Name of the entity, the item is being shipped to.