Clocking In and Out of a Work Order
Tracking time on work orders allow you to organize your schedule, organize labor costs and more. However, when faced with a list of tasks it can often slip your mind to check when the task was started and how long it took to complete. To solve this, clock in and out of work orders to avoid having to manually enter labor hours and eliminate the guess work!
Clocking into a work order is simple, and saves you time so that you can focus on the work that matters.
How to Clock In to a Work Order
In order to clock in to a Work Order, you must be an Assignable Contact. To clock in to a Work Order, navigate to an open work order and follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Clock In Icon which is grey in color and select the icon
- The Clock In window populates which prompts you to select a task. This is optional, but is recommended in order to accurately track labor per task
- Select and the timer begins tracking Labor until the Work Order is Clocked Out or completed
Upon clocking in, the Clock In Icon appears in green, indicating that the work order is Clocked IN.
The Clock In icon also appears next to your avatar from any screen, reminding you that you are Clocked In to a Work Order:
How to Clock Out of a Work Order
Clocking out of a Work Order is available on any screen where the Clock icon is present. To clock out from any screen, follow the steps below.
Clock out from any screen:
- Select the icon next to the user avatar
- Select the Clock OUT icon
- Select Clock Out
Upon clocking out, Labor is automatically recorded in the Work Order
Clocking out is also available from the Clocked IN Work Order. To clock out from the Work Order screen follow the steps below.
Clocking out from a Work Order:
- From a Clocked In Work Order, select the Clock Icon
- A Labor line is populated upon clocking out
Last but not least, an even quicker option to kill 2 birds with one stone is to clock out by completing a work order. Upon completing a clocked in Work Order, the Work Order automatically clocks out and Labor populates.
Clocking out by completing the Work Order:
Upon completing a clocked in Work Order, Labor populates automatically and the Work Order clocks out simultaneously.
Use this feature to
- Automatically track Labor
- Eliminate the guess work of how long a task took to complete
- Save time by no longer manually tracking labor