Before visitors can print badges using the Visitor App, a bluetooth badge printer must be paired and selected. Use the following procedure to designate a badge printer in the Visitor App.
Note: Refer to the Printer Hardware section of this procedure for information on the hardware options available for the Visitor app.
- Access the Visitor App Home screen.
- Press and hold in the upper-left corner of the Home screen until a menu displays.
- Access the Settings screen by selecting the Settings option from the menu.
- Select the Label Printer option on the Settings screen. The Printer screen displays.
- Activate the Enable toggle switch.
- Deactivate the AirPrint toggle switch, if necessary.
Note: If you activate the AirPrint toggle switch, the most up-to-date plugin will not be used print quality may be affected. For more information, click here.
- To define a badge printer for the device, tap the Select Printer button and select a printer from the displayed list. Once a printer is selected, the printer is paired and ready to use for printing visitor badges during check-in.
Note: Badge printers must be on the same WiFi or wired network as the iPad device. If you do not see the printer, verify the printer is on and discoverable. Refer to the Printer Hardware section for more information.
The recommended badge printer for the Visitor app is the Brother QL-720NW equipped with DK1202 labels. This printer option includes WiFi, Ethernet, and USB printing capabilities, providing you with multiple options for setting up your network environment.
Note: The Brother QL-710W is also compatible with the Visitor app when equipped with DK1202 labels; however, this printer option does not include an option to connect via Ethernet.
Click here for more information on setting up your Brother QL-720NW printer.