Level: System Administrator / Serraview Implementation Team
Maybe you have an employee who has a particular ergonomic desk or they work with sensitive data. If you have an employee who requires an assigned desk, then you can set the desk booking access so only they can reserve the desk.
In the VBS you can see that the Harrison Office, Boston has as employees assigned to a desks. In this example, you will set up the employees to be able to reserve their desk.
From the Spaces Module, complete the following:
Use the Location Selector drop-down to navigate to thebuilding and floor.
From the Selector, select theEngage Booking Access view. The floorplan displays the booking access by color.
This view only displays spaces that are set to Interactable, if you do not see a specific space then check the Space Type's setting, refer to Set up the Space Types for Engage.
4. Click theEdit Flooricon.
5. Click theBulk Update icon.
6. Click on the floorplan anddrag the cursor across the pointsto select.
If you need to reposition the floorplan when selecting points, then use the panning mode. Either hold down the space bar or click the Planning Mode icon and then reposition the floorplan.
7. For theReserving Enabled check box, click theDon't Updateand change this toOverwrite.
8. Check the Reserving Enabledcheck box. When this checked this will enable the Booking Access drop-down.
9. For theBooking Access drop-down, click theDon't Update and change this to Overwrite.
10. From the Booking Access drop-down, select Assign to desk.
11. Click theUpdatebutton.
12. Click thePublish Changesbutton.
The spaces are updated to allow the employees to reserve their desks.