All clients have different technology available to them to power Locator. The following data sources can be used by Locator. If you are unsure which of these are in place at your business, then contact your System Administrator.
SVLive technology, incorporating utilization data derived from:
- Wired data (connection via data port on desk) - detects the presence of a person in a space or desk in near real-time.
- Wi-Fi – wireless connectivity (via Wi-Fi hotspots) to the corporate network to detect the presence of a person in a space in near real-time.
- Sensors – devices designed to detect physical factors such as light, heat or motion to detect the presence of a person in a space or desk in near real-time.
Manual Occupancy data, incorporates:
- Manually entered information managed by the Corporate Real Estate team within the Serraview core product. Manual occupancy data is not real-time.
Locator Powered By SVLive
The following sections will take you through how to use Locator powered by SVLive via our mobile application, a kiosk, laptop or desktop computer. It can also work for clients who only have manual occupancy data in Serraview.
Locator provides a simple platform for you to quickly search and find desks, spaces and people. Locator is comprised of three primary tools listed below.
You may use all or some of these tools, depending on your business requirements:
Find a Desk
You can locate an available desk with your required specifications and reserve it for a short period to enable you to occupy it.
When you need to find a desk:
- You no longer need to walk around a floor to find an unoccupied desk. Desks that have been configured to display availability in Locator on your floor, in your building or in the portfolio can easily be found.
- If you require a specific type of desk you can use the filter options to search.
- Desks can be briefly reserved to provide you with adequate time to locate and occupy it. The ability to use reserve a desk is optional and will depend on the way Locator has been configured.
Find a Space
You can locate and book shared spaces and meeting rooms that have your required specifications.
When you need to find a space:
- The spaces that have been configured to display in Locator are listed, including the type of room, capacity and its technical attributes.
- The location is displayed on a floor plan, so you do not need to search the floor to find the space you want.
- You can search based on specific criteria depending on what you require, e.g. capacity, available technology.
- The space can be reserved. The ability to reserve a space is optional and will depend on the way Locator has been configured within your business.
Find a Person
You can locate colleagues within your current floor, building or portfolio.
When you need to find a person:
- Other staff can be easily located using a search function. You can also see who is in your area or find a colleague in the building or portfolio.
- To get contact details for a colleague quickly.
For either data source the sign in and the navigation is the same:
When you use Locator powered by SVLive data the usage will be different from the Manual Occupancy data. Refer to the following articles for how to use Locator: