Use these Teem Wi-Fi recommendations to optimize your Teem workplace experience - specifically for iOS devices running EventBoard and/or LobbyConnect.
There are a few things you can do regarding Wi-Fi that will make for the best Teem experience possible for iOS devices running EventBoard and/or LobbyConnect. Also, if you find that your devices are frequently falling offline, the first thing you should look into is making sure you’re employing these best Wi-Fi practices:
- Move from 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz
- Enable one of the Apple-supported Wi-Fi roaming standards (802.11r, 802.11k, or 802.11v). See Apple’s support document on Wi-Fi Network Roaming:
- Perform a site survey to ensure proper coverage. See Apple’s and Spirit’s support documents on this here:
Apple Support - Wireless Roaming for Enterprise
Spirit Support - The Difference between 2.4G and 5G on Wi-Fi
- Avoid Wi-Fi “behind” the iPad, especially when it’s mounted in a metal case as these cases produce an average of 10dBm interference.
- Having a dedicated SSID, while not necessary, is suggested as part of best practices.
- If using Guided Access Mode (GAM) it is suggested to disable “Ask to Join Networks” as it has been proven to cause crashes in GAM.