Finder makes meeting rooms and huddle spaces more visible for employees by showing real-time status for these spaces in your organization. We recommend that the hardware that Finder is displayed on is a touch-enabled device and it is located on each floor for all employees to use as a quick list reference or map view.
Also, have a look in the Finder FAQ article for the frequently asked questions.
- Make sure you have purchased the digital signage hardware and service and it meets the minimum requirements, see Minimum Requirements and Supported Platforms.
- Confirm your company's subscription plan. Remember that Finder Maps and Interactive features are only available in Enterprise plans.
Create a Finder View
1. From the Teem Dashboard homepage, select Manage > Apps & Integrations > Finder.
Within the Finder Management section, the columns provide quick insights on how location views are configured:
- + New View: Starts the process to create Finder views for specific location-floor
- View Name: The name of a location/floor used for Finder
- Interactive: Indicates if the Finder is configured as Read-Only or Interactive (touch-enabled)
- Style: Indicate the theme of the view being displayed (Dark or Light)
- Permanent URL: Provides the URL to display the Finder views
- Mode: Indicates the type of view being shown (Map or List)
Locations must be configured before setting up Finder views. If you want to use the Map feature to display a floor view, map(s) must also be configured beforehand. Views without a map will default to a list view.
2. Create a new view by selecting + NEW VIEW.
3. In the New Finder View, enter the following information:
New View - Enter a name for the location.
Choose Location* - Use the search bar or location tree to select and highlight the location for this *Finder view.
*Select a floor with a map. If you want to display a read-only list, select any floor or building to be displayed without an associated map.
Enable Map Mode - Enable to display a map. A map must be associated with the location. List view will be set as default if the map option is not enabled.
If map view is enabled, configure the additional options:
Read-Only View - If you don’t have touch-enabled hardware, disable this option.
Map View Configuration - Configure the map display. Select CONFIGURE MAP VIEW:
Set desired orientation (16:9 or 4:3 horizontal view)
Select Add Pin to mark the ‘You are here’ location.
Pick a map theme (dark or light)
Click DONE. (This map configuration is not saved until you save the Finder view.)
3. Select Save.
Deploy Finder Views on Digital Signage
The deployment of your Finder view to your device(s) will depend if you opted to use a digital signage service or not.
Digital Signage Service
Follow the instructions of your digital signage service to remotely add the URL of the Finder view on the relevant display(s).
No Digital Signage Service
After the view is configured, the Finder view can be deployed to the digital signage display that will show the new Finder information:
1. From the Finder page, select COPY URL from the relevant view. Paste the URL in your digital signage web browser to display the new view.
If you have a digital signage service like Telemetry TV, the URLs can easily be deployed remotely without physically visiting and setting up the URL on the digital signage. Teem by iOFFICE recommends Telemetry TV to standardize for digital signage service standardization.
If you do not have a digital signage service, you will need to physically visit the digital signage hardware. The URL will need to be manually entered in on the signage’s browser. URL shortening tools like Bitly could help reduce the URL character count.
Edit Finder Views
You can edit all the related details of your Finder view.
1. From the Finder Management UI page, select the view you would like to edit.
2. Similar to how you would set up a new view, you can edit all the settings of your current view.
Delete Finder Views
You can delete a Finder view at any time. Deleting a view will disable the URL and direct unauthenticated browser sessions to the Teem login page.