The Stacking Diagram screen in the Space module is used to analyze your space in a "stacked" format, which allows you to view floor-by-floor space utilization for the building, including overall capacity statistics. Using this screen, you can view the distribution of rooms and room types across floors, the amount of vacant space on each floor, the number of users on each floor, and so on. You can even plan moves between floors and buildings using this screen. The Stacking Diagram interface is highly interactive, allowing you to view and updated report each time a field or option is changed.
Accessing the Stacking Diagram
To access the Stacking Diagram screen, select Space → Stacking Diagram from the sidebar. The Stacking Diagram screen displays.
Refer to the following procedure for information on entering criteria on the Stacking Diagram screen.
- In the Building field, enter the building for which you want to view information. Building information displays by floor on the Stacking Diagram. The default view is to display floor information for users grouped by room type.
Figure: Choose A Building
- In the Show field, select the type of information you want to view. You can select Users, Rooms, or Area in this field. For example, select Rooms to view information about the rooms defined on each floor.
- In the Grouped By field, select the criteria used to group the information displayed on screen. For example, select Room Type to view information by room. You can also view information by the category depth assigned to users or rooms on each floor, such as the assigned department or cost center.
(Optional) Once you have selected these three criteria, advanced options can be defined for the Stacking Diagram. To view the advanced options available with a view, click the Show Options button to the right of the Grouped By field.
Figure: Group By
Options applicable to the selected criteria display on screen, allowing you to easily toggle between views, visualize your space, and print or save the Stacking Diagram as necessary.
The following advanced options are available on the Stacking Diagram screen.
- Calculate. This option allows you to display information on the Stacking Diagram as a count or as a percentage of total space on the floor, which can help you gauge overall usage floor-by-floor.
- Non-occupiable Spaces. This option allows you to display or hide non-occupiable spaces on the Stacking Diagram.
- Vacant Spaces. This option allows you to display or hide information for vacant spaces on the Stacking Diagram. This option allows you to view vacancy information for your defined space, providing you with tangible insights into how your available space is currently used.
To view even more detail for a space, hover the cursor over the space. Expanded information displays in a Detail box, providing you with instant access to essential space information such as capacity limits or the amount of vacant space remaining on the floor.
The actions available on the Stacking Diagram are accessed using the Actions button in the upper-right corner of the screen. The following actions can be performed on the Stacking Diagram screen.
- Print. This option is used to print the displayed Stacking Diagram. To print the Stacking Diagram, click the Actions button and select the Print option. The Print window displays, where you can define printer criteria and print the Stacking Diagram.
- Enter/Exit Fullscreen. This option is used to expand within the browser window rather than over the entire screen. To enter full-screen mode, click the Actions button and select the Enter Fullscreen option. Alternatively, select the Exit Fullscreen option to return to the traditional view.
Figure: Enter And Exit Full Screen
- Show/Hide Sidebar. This option is used to display or hide the report legend and the Shelf section. Using this option, you to view room descriptions or hide this information to increase focus on the graphical interface. Alternatively, you can display the Shelf section, which can be used to plan for potential moves across buildings.
Figure: Show Sidebar
When the Stacking Diagram is first accessed, the sidebar is hidden by default. To display the sidebar, simply click the Actions button and then select the Show Sidebar option. Conversely, to hide the sidebar, select the Hide Sidebar option in the Actions submenu.