Administrators can use the Promo Content screen to upload and edit the customizable, promotional content displayed in the Hummingbird app directly in iOFFICE. This screen displays any existing slides that were previously added to the app. At the top left of the screen, a Preview section is available to allow you to scroll through existing slides. You can also click on slides listed below this section to view the slide in the Editor section on the right-hand side of the screen.
Use the following procedure to add a new slide for the Hummingbird app.
- Access the Promo Content screen by selecting Admin → Reservations → Promo Content from the Sidebar menu. The Promo Content screen displays.
- Click the Add Slide button below the Preview section. A placeholder image displays in the Editor section.
- Delete the placeholder.
- Add a new slide with your preferred content using the Content Editor. For example, you can use the text options to enter simple text. You can also add an image using an image URL. For optimal display, we recommend that you use images that are 640 pixels by 640 pixels.
Note: Image URLs must be linked to a source available to all users to display properly in the Hummingbird app. For example, you could use an image sharing site such as https://imgbb.com/ to host your promo content publicly. Alternatively, you can use a location managed by your IT department. In either case, we highly recommend that you get your image hosting location approved by your company's IT department prior to adding promotional content.
The use of https for all hosted images is required for security purposes.
- Once you finish editing the slide, click the Save button. The slide is saved and available in the Hummingbird app.
1. Highlight the added (linked) image
2. Tap the Chain Link icon
3. Paste the hyperlink url into the url box that appears at the bottom of the hosted image
4. Click Save