Categories - Screen Overviews
The following screens and sections are used to create and manage categories in the Space module:
- Categories Search Screen
- Edit Category Screen
Categories Search Screen
The Categories Search screen is used to locate the category you want to update or to create a new category.
Navigate to Admin > Categories.
From this screen you can:
- Search - in the Search Categories field, enter search criteria and the category list will display the results.
- Create a New Category - click the Create Category button. See Define Categories to learn more.
- Edit a Category - from the category list, click the category you want to edit. See Define Categories to learn more.
Edit Category Screen
When you select a category from the Categories Search screen, the Edit Category screen displays. This screen provides you with a high-level overview of the category, including the category name, code, color, and the depths associated with the category.
The Category screen is divided into multiple sections, allowing you to easily add new items and depths, or update existing items and depths associated with your categories.
Let's explore the Marketing department.
Click the department's name.
Here you can see the people and spaces assigned to the department and the sub-departments, such as Global Partnerships, Inbound Marketing, and Outbound Marketing.
Next, click on the sub-department called Outbound Marketing.
This displays the people and spaces assigned to the department. You can either edit the sub-department information or change the sub-department's color.
In the People section, this lists the following:
- Job title
- Space - this has the space code where the person is assigned.
- Actions - The following actions can be completed:
- Click the Edit button to edit the user and this will take you to the Edit User screen.
- Click the Space Pinger icon to open a new window and the user's location will display on the floor plan.
In the Space section, this lists the following:
- Action - Click the Space Pinger icon to open a new window and the space's location will display on the floor plan.