Space-Right ™ Implementation Guide - Gathering Data
Collecting the required data will take the longest amount of time. It is recommended to begin the implementation with this task.
In order for the Space-Right™ algorithm to place users into seats, the users must be classified into 1 of 3 remote statuses: On-Site, Prefer-On-Site or Remote-OK. The process of gathering the required user classifications can be achieved via a standard report. This can be shared and distributed among managers to collect the information. After collection, the values will be assigned to users in the “Build” portion of the implementation.
1. Generate and download the Space-Right™ On-Site
Status Collection & Location Snapshot report.
a. Navigate to the “Insights” module and choose
b. Search for and select Space-Right™ On-Site Status. Collection & Location Snapshot.
c. Ensure filters: Active = Yes.
d. Click “OK.”
e. Download the report in XLSX format using the “Export” icon, top left.
2. Using the report as a template, collect the “On-Site Status” classification for all users.
NOTE: Values for “On-Site Status” must be one of the following: (These can be renamed later)
• On-Site: People who are essential and are required to be in the office full-time. This category will
be prioritized by the tool when filling available safe seats.
• Prefer-On-Site: People who are needed or would like to be at the office at least some of the time.
• Remote-OK: For people who can continue working remotely full time.
For the Space-Right™ algorithm to function correctly, ensure non-occupiable spaces are excluded from conversion to offices (e.g. wellness room, kitchens, etc.) These MUST be configured as non-occupiable with a capacity of 0 or 1. Any non-occupiable space with a capacity of 2 or more will be included as a “conversion” option when the algorithm runs. Ensuring spaces such as huddle, small conference, and meeting rooms have correct capacities will allow the conversion of these spaces to single-use offices.
The space data can be validated using Space Desktop—or for large quantities of space by reviewing a standard report. The report can then be used to update space capacities manually through Space Desktop or Space Admin.
1. Generate and download the Space-Right™ Space Attribute Snapshot report.
a. Navigate to the “Insights” module and choose “Reports.”
b. Search for and select Space-Right™ Space Attribute Snapshot.
c. Download the report in XLSX format using the “Export” icon, top left.
2. Validate the capacities are set correctly for all non-occupiable spaces.
a. Capacity of 1 or less will not be converted to a single use office.
b. Capacity of 2 or more may be converted to a single use office depending on distancing parameters.
3. Update any changed values through Space Desktop or Space Admin.