iOFFICE is migrating sites hosted in the United States from the current Rackspace data center to Microsoft Azure, a globally recognized leader in hosting enterprise-ready cloud solutions. Azure data centers meet and exceed the level of security currently available to our customers, but also provide some additional performance, reliability, and security features that are not currently available, such as data-at-rest encryption and geo-redundant backups. This migration will increase the security of your data while improving on the performance and availability you have come to expect from your iOFFICE site.
See below for a checklist of items that must be completed prior to your site migration.
- Gain IT and Security Approval. Alert IT and Security departments at your site to this change so they can review and approve as needed. A full security review should not be required since Azure improves upon our existing controls, but we are happy to answer security questions as needed.
- Update GDPR DPA and Contract. Review the existing Data Processing Addendum and add Azure as an approved data center location. It is important that Rackspace remain in place on these agreements and that you add the following:
- Primary - Azure South Central US - 5150 Rogers Road, San Antonio, TX 78251
- Backup - Azure North Central US - 601 Northwest Avenue, Northlake, IL 60164
This is also important if the contract contains any language specifying Rackspace as the only approved data center. Your Account Manager can assist you with this step.
- Whitelist New IPs. Whitelist the necessary IP addresses for the new location. The new IP addresses that need to be whitelisted are 18.104.22.168 for Inbound traffic, 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 for Outbound traffic, 188.8.131.52 for notifications, and 184.108.40.206 for the SFTP server. Previously whitelisted IP addresses for Rackspace should also remain in place until we can migrate all iOFFICE operations to Azure. Refer to our SFTP guide to prepare for migration of the SFTP server for any import or export processes. For more information on the SAML service migration, click here.
- Verify legacy reports are available in Insights. The Legacy Reports option in the submenu for a specific module will no longer be available after the migration to Azure. For example, the image below displays the Legacy Reports option in the Space submenu. If you are using any reports in these sections, you should work with your Account Manager to get them migrated over to the Insights module.
iOFFICE has already moved the most commonly used reports to the Insights module. Reports in the Insights module provide users with more flexibility than legacy reports allow, including the ability to customize your report, schedule reports to run at predefined intervals, and view multiple reports in a custom dashboard.
- Schedule Migration. Schedule a time with your Account Manager to complete the migration. It is a two-hour maintenance window, but we have been seeing successful completion in less than 30 minutes.
- Verify Performance. Once the migration is complete, your Account Manager will test to confirm proper performance. If any issues are encountered, iOFFICE has the ability to roll back to Rackspace for a point-in-time recovery (the moment the migration began). This option will remain available for one week, at which time the database will be deleted at Rackspace.
When will this transition occur?
iOFFICE has already completed structured site migrations with advance communication and coordination with customers. Migrations can begin as soon as you complete the checklist items above.
What happens to integrations, including the SFTP transfer process?
As part of the site validation process, we will confirm your existing integrations work seamlessly post migration. At this time, the SFTP server is scheduled to be handled at a later time, separate from the initial migration. We expect to be able to move everything, including the SFTP process, to Azure in one process in the next few weeks. Work with your Account Manager for details on how this will be handled in your site.
If you have any questions or would like additional information on the planned Azure migration, contact your Account Manager.