The iOFFICE Interactive Wayfinding solution provides visitors and employees with a customizable and interactive display that can be used to easily navigate your building. Using features such as 3D maps, customizable markers, and vertical and horizontal configuration options, wayfinding panels can provide visitors and employees with a seamless and user-friendly experience as they navigate your facility.
Note: The Interactive Wayfinding solution is licensed separately and is supported on the devices listed here. Contact your Account Manager for more information on implementing this solution in your environment.
Refer to the following list for highlights of the Interactive Wayfinding solution.
- Markers and 3D Navigation. One of the most powerful features available with the Wayfinding solution is the 3D floor plan view and integration with Space Desktop Markers. The 3D map provides you with a modern experience and a more relatable view for finding your way around the floor. Additionally, markers placed on the floor can be "pinged" by tapping the marker icon in the Legend section, allowing you to identify a specific resource on the map and its location relative to your current location.
The map will adjust and display all available resources while simultaneously keeping the "You Are Here" marker at the center of the action, which can help you visualize your route options. For people who use the Space Desktop, the map and controls should be immediately clear, especially if you are already taking advantage of markers at your facility.
- Find People or Spaces. You can locate spaces and people using the available search option in the Wayfinding solution. For example, to locate a space by name, tap in the unlabeled Search field and use the keyboard to enter the name of the space. Matching results display on screen, where you can tap the Show Location button to ping the corresponding space on the floor plan.
Search options are helpful when finding a meeting space for the first time or trying to book a space near a coworker who you need to collaborate with on a given day.
- Book Spaces. We know that everyone works differently, so we included a variety of ways to book a space in the Wayfinding solution. You can search for and select a space by name, select a space from the Space List, or tap a reservable space directly on the floor plan. For example, to book a space by tapping, locate and tap the reservable space on the floor plan. The space is highlighted and centered in the Space List, and you can tap the View Details button to access the Reservation window.
On the Reservation window, select a date and time for the reservation and tap the Reserve button. It is as simple as that! A confirmation window displays, where you can confirm or cancel the reservation. Additionally, if the reservation is imminent, the space will display in yellow to indicate that the space has an upcoming booking, which can be especially useful when trying to locate an open space during peak booking hours.
Using the simple, responsive interface available with the Wayfinding solution, your administrators can create a modern and interactive navigation experience for everyone in your facility, allowing your employees and guests to locate the resources they need with ease. For more information on implementing interactive wayfinding at your facility, contact your Account Manager.
Interactive Wayfinding Administration
A robust set of administrator controls are available on the Devices screen to allow administrators to place and maintain Wayfinding Kiosks throughout your facility. Everything from the location of the kiosk on the floor plan to marker placement can be handled by your administrators. Refer to the following sections for adding and maintaining kiosks throughout your facility.
The following devices are supported for the iOFFICE Wayfinding solution.
Note: Each Wayfinding Kiosk has two required components: 1. The computer module which is used to connect to the internet and run the underlying operating system, and 2. the interactive touch screen for the interactive display component. Additional information, including but not limited to user guides for the ELO touch screen or ECMG3 Computer module, is available in the Resources section on the ELO product page corresponding to each device.
Touch Screen Option
- ELO ET5502L 55” Touch Screen Signage Display*
*iOFFICE certified functionality on the 55” ELO model, but we support other sizes of the same model.
Computer Module Options
- ELO ECMG3
OS: Windows 10 (with vPro)
- BrightSign XT1144 Expanded I/O Player**
**The BrightSign computer module requires specific configuration settings for optimal performance. Click here for information on configuring the BrightSign module for use with Interactive Wayfinding.
- Ricoh Touch Panel D5520***
Model: Interactive White Board D5520
***The Ricoh Interactive White Board option includes both a computer module and touch screen display as a single unit.
Adding a New Wayfinding Kiosk
To add and define settings for a Wayfinding Kiosk, select Admin → Space → Devices from the Sidebar menu. The new Devices screen displays, where you can add and position Wayfinding kiosk markers on the floor plan and define controls unique to each device.
For example, to add a new device, access the building and floor where the device will be located and click the Wayfinding Kiosk option in the Add Device section. You can then place the new kiosk marker by clicking the intended location on the floor plan.
Pairing a Kiosk Marker to a Device
Once a marker is placed, you can pair the kiosk to the device and define custom settings for the device, such as map orientation and whether certain buildings are searchable from the kiosk. To pair a kiosk device, enter your site URL followed by /external/kiosks/space/wayfinding/ in the new kiosk's browser.
As an example, for the site demo.iofficeconnect.com, you would enter https://www.demo.iofficeconnect.com/external/kiosks/space/wayfinding/ in the browser URL field. The Wayfinding Pairing screen displays with a pairing code on the kiosk device. Click the matching code on the Devices screen in the Admin module to pair the device.
When the device is successfully paired to a kiosk marker, the Wayfinding map displays on the device with the settings defined for the kiosk. This pairing process provides administrators with complete control over their Wayfinding kiosks, allowing them to add, pair, and maintain kiosk markers as often as required.